Date(s) - 17/09/2018 - 18/09/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sorrento in the Park
Drawing on the clinical experience of thousands of cases of infidelity, this workshop will offer you a clear and grounded template for approaching this challenging issue. Join Nic Beets as he de-mystifies the highly charged dynamics of hurt and betrayal, guilt and confusion that infidelity raises.
Key topics will include
- How to talk about and deal with trust issues
- Developing clarity around definitions, boundaries and concepts
- Recognising and naming who is responsible for what – working with infidelity in the context of relationship dynamics
- What is, and what isn’t, a deal breaker
- The socio-political context of infidelity – power and gender roles
- The impact on you of this issue – your views and history with infidelity and trust
- Working with extreme emotional responses
Useful to all counsellors, therapists and psychologists whether working with couples or individuals.